Friday, June 27, 2014

Sweet & Sour Meatballs Recipe

Hey everyone!

Welcome to my FIRST blog post of many, in which I will be sharing nutritional tips, favorite recipes, success stories, my incredible BOMBSQUAD Fitness Team, and the breathtakingly amazing experiences that Beachbody coaching has done for me and my family in just the last few months!

So, as many of you know, I am a soon to be Air Force wife (woot woot!). Having been southern born and raised, I have always wanted to make it a point to have healthy, hearty dinners be a staple in my household for my current family and future children.

My fiance, Stephen, just got back from a long deployment to Afghanistan, so I ESPECIALLY wanted to make sure he had a hot, delicious, homemade meal waiting for him right when he got home (since I'm sure the chow hall wasn't too accommodating to his taste buds!).

I wanted to share one of my FAVORITE recipes straight from the Team Beachbody Recipe Book that is healthy, full of protein, and 100% man approved! I have always been a huge meatball fan, but finding a healthy recipe for them was tough, so you can imagine my excitement when I came upon this turkey meatball recipe!

Whether it's for the next get-together, Superbowl Party, or passed around the dinner table, rest assured that these bad boys WILL be a hit to whoever you decide to share them with!

Sweet & Sour Turkey Meatballs





You will need:

Meatballs:
1 lb. lean ground turkey (or bag of frozen turkey meatballs)
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 8-oz. can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
1/2 cup green onions
1 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 tsp. ginger

Sauce:
3/4 cup reduced-sodium, low-fat chicken broth
1/3 cup chili sauce
3 tbsp. rice vinegar
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. ground ginger

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine meatball ingredients in a med. bowl and mix well. Line a baking sheet with foil, shape meatballs, and place them on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 mins. or until thoroughly cooked.

Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and stir until the cornstarch is dissolved. Place over med-high heat stirring occasionally until the mixture comes to a boil, then stir on low heat for another minute, or until the sauce thickens. Pour over meatballs, and gently toss to coat meatballs.

And you are DONE! I enjoy serving mine with a serving of brown rice and fresh green beans. :)

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Amanda Corry



No comments:

Post a Comment