Wednesday, July 2, 2014

PB&J Oatmeal

I have always been a fan of some warm, hearty oatmeal, but started to wean myself off of the instant already made oatmeal that can be loaded with preservatives, sodium, and sugar. I started to buy the plain oatmeal, knowing it would be the heart-healthiest choice for me, since oatmeal in is itself has SO many healthy properties to it! (lowering the risk of heart disease, as one of them!) My old roommate and I used to experiment around with making delicious oatmeal recipes without busting the waistline, and this has become my FAVORITE recipe by far! Sweet, creamy, filled with protein, and sure to continue your body as a fat-burning machine!

PB&J Oatmeal


You will need:
-1/2 cup plain minute oatmeal
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup of fat free cottage cheese
-1 tbsp. of all natural creamy peanut butter
-1/2 apple cut into slices
-cinnamon to taste
-truvia to taste

Preparation: Mix water and oatmeal in a bowl, and heat according to directions (typically 1:30 in the microwave). Mix cottage cheese, peanut butter, cinnamon, and truvia into oatmeal until evenly distributed. Slice apple and add on top or mix together. Add as much cinnamon as you'd like!

...and ENJOY for any time of the day! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment