Thursday, July 31, 2014

What's This 3 Day Refresh!?



The picture on the right shows a loss of 5 pounds.
Are these results from the latest 90 day fitness program?!

Nope. These are the results from clean eating for just 3 DAYS on the 3 Day Refresh!!!!

As is human nature, we are CONSTANTLY looking for the quickest, easiest way to lose weight. We want it done in the shortest amount of time possible for the smallest amount of work possible.

However, the downside of that is that it is nearly impossible to find something that does this for us and that is HEALTHY and safe.

A Beachbody coach once came up with the notion of the 3 Day Shakeology cleanse, replacing 3 of the major meals a day with Shakeology and snacking around that, and while Beachbody didn't necessarily disapprove of this, they also didn't see Shakeology as suitable for 3 meal replacements.

So as the 3 Day Shakeology cleanse has become more and more wildly popular, Carl Daikeler, CEO of Beachbody, and his team have been working hard to get us a more suitable cleanse that will really meet all of our body's nutritional needs and not rob us of other health requirements.

That's when Carl's wife, Isabelle Daikeler, came up with the 3 Day Refresh.

It was released while all of us coaches were at Coach Summit in Vegas, so I immediately purchased it and have been waiting for the right moment to use it! Let me tell you... It requires EXTREME dedication. But it WORKS. Oh MAN, does it really work.

I'm sure most people's main concern will be keeping the weight off that was lost, since this is only 3 days and not a permanent fix. My answer to that, first and foremost, is that this is to give us a healthy jumpstart on what needs to be a LIFESTYLE! If you do this refresh and then indulge on all of the cheeseburgers and pizza you missed out on the next day, you WILL gain all of it back, and probably plus some. This is to help your mind and body get in the right place to pursue the rest of your health and fitness goals.

I had gotten into a bad spot of skipping workouts and eating too much throughout the day, and not well enough. I was bloated and constantly felt just plain gross. My fiance switched to night shift, and it was hard to keep up with my same sleep, exercise, and eating schedule while trying to work with his new schedule. Point blank, I knew I needed to hit the brakes before this became something permanent! We had one more fatty fat weekend at his parent's house, and I immediately started the 3 Day Refresh when I woke up the next morning!

I had actually JUST been telling my mother-in-law that it made me sad to look back at pictures from when I had finished P90X3 because I just didn't look like that anymore. Well, guess what... 3 days later and I look BETTER! And it was purely my diet. Eating clean. I never worked out one time in these 3 days. It also ended up ending perfectly on the day of our engagement photoshoot! Boom.

So, this is recommended for:
- anyone who needs a jumpstart back into a healthy LIFESTYLE
- anyone who needs a quick fix before a big event, photoshoot, etc.
- anyone who wants to shed those last few annoying pounds the HEALTHY way

I also HIGHLY recommend you doing this over a period of days that you will not be working or doing any intense physical labor. It will be much more difficult if you are in an environment in which you are constantly tempted by foods (or stress that tempts those foods), or if you are exerting a ton of calories exercising or moving furniture or what have you. I was able to exercise the first day, but not the 2nd or 3rd day. You are just not consuming enough calories during this time to lose them all during exercise!

WARNING: You may notice difference in... toilet times. Sorry, but it has to be said! Depending on your body and how much fiber you are already normally taking in, there WILL be differences. I have already been fairly good on my daily fiber intake and vegetable servings. So I had a very good "cleanse," if you will. If you are not used to eating this many veggies or fiber, you may experience a little backing up, but that is normal and will go away! Trust me. Trust me that you must also, MUST MUST MUST drink LOTS OF WATER! At least half of your body weight in ounces. I made sure to drink around 67oz a day. If you don't, the amount of fiber will bloat you and constipate you even worse!

Without further adieu, here are a few clips from the last 3 days:


Day 1

I was STOKED to begin on Day 1, and I really felt amazing all day. It had me energized and feeling much lighter and healthier already. To the left is my breakfast and first shake of the day! 1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology, 1/2 cup of frozen red grapes, cinnamon and stevia to taste, and ice, blended. It was yumy. 


I was happy we were allowed green or black tea or black coffee throughout the 3 days! It's optional, but also better for me to do than cut caffeine out completely, because I can get major caffeine headaches. I also found drinking it really helped when hunger would strike. Every time you consume a beverage or meal, it's split up by at least an hour. Every time it was tea time, it seemed that I was craving some majorly greasy foods, and this ALWAYS satisfied me. You can at least sweeten your tea and coffee with a serving of stevia, as well!
This is my first lunch! The Refresh vanilla shake with 1/2 banana, cinnamon, ice, and stevia, and a serving of a veggie and healthy fat: cucumber and hummus. This had me FULL!


Later afternoon snack (at least an hour after lunch) consisted of another veggie serving from the veggie list, and another healthy fat. One of my all time favorites: celery and PB! Mmmm.

So, for dinner I was pretty boring. I did a bowl of broccoli with the allotted amount of garlic with my vanilla shake! At dinner, you can choose from a list of their dinner recipes, and this time, no fruit in the shake. I think it's harder for our bodies to digest that sugar later at night, and I've always heard to eat your fruits earlier in the day, so that made sense to me. Again, they had much better options for the veggie dinner recipes, but I was lazy. ;)

Day 2

Ok, this is your warning. Day 2 is SO MUCH HARDER than Day 1. I woke up feeling starving and with a slight headache. I woke up saying to myself, "oh my gosh. I can't do this. I'm going to consume EVERYTHING right now." But you know what? I didn't. Because it was my MIND trying to tell my BODY what it could and couldn't do. I was not going to let that happen. I pushed through and felt great.

PUSH THROUGH Day 2 because it WILL be hard, but you CAN do this! This is all about TAKING CONTROL of our minds and bodies and not letting them rule us anymore. We got this.

This was my yummy Vanilla Shakeology with 1/2 banana, cinnamon, and ice. Cinnamon is always in my shakes because it was a "freebee" and could be consumed in unlimited amounts! Other sweeteners were not the case.

You can't tell in my smile, but I'm STILL STRUGGLING! Haha. This Refresh vanilla shake was good, though. The fruit serving for strawberries was 12 medium ones, so it was super berry-filled and delicious! 

I was, again, very boring for my dinner choice. I LOVE green beans though, and was so hungry by the time dinner hit, I just made these bad boys lightly seasoned with sea salt. So delicious. I went to sleep ready to take on the last day!

Day 3


Day 3 started out like any other day, with my favorite vanilla Shakeology shake. However, I was different. My mind and body between Day 2 and 3 did a total 180 degree turn. When I woke up, it was like my body was telling me, "I can get used to this. In fact, I AM used to this. I even like this. Thanks for taking care of me!" ;)


For lunch I decided to change it up a little... with a salad! Hehe. 3 cups of fresh romaine lettuce and a serving of sesame seed dressing. Delish. And somehow, this food became filling.

I ate my snacks throughout the day as repeats of the first couple of days, but as my last Day 3 dinner, I made the vegetable stir fry in the dinner recipes options! It was DELICIOUS. Grilled in vegetable broth, olive oil and garlic... *drool.*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, my experience was a great one. I was much more energized, and again, this way of eating has really become habit in such a small amount of time. I did not jump up this morning, the first morning I am now free to eat whatever I want, wanting junk. I woke up wanting a simple Shakeology shake, and have really not been ravenous like I was before. I am eating to live, NOT living to eat. I am really thankful for this cleanse. It has honestly changed my life in just 3 days- and I am not being overly dramatic! :)

I plan on doing this once every few months, or anytime I need a little kick in the butt and reminder of what food is supposed to do for us... FUEL OUR BODIES!

If you are wanting to try the 3 Day Refresh for yourself, order here!

I hope you all have an amazing day,






No comments:

Post a Comment