Tuesday, May 5, 2015

21 Day Fix: BACK in FULL Force!!!

So, I'm pretty stoked. 

Since it is officially the month of May, that also means it's OFFICIALLY getting dangerously close to my husband getting back from his deployment! :) I am beyond excited but that also means, needing to get my booty into gear and tip top shape to welcome his arrival!

As most of you that have continued to follow my Facebook and Instagram know, I have still been eating clean and exercising very regularly, but I haven't been following a super strict workout schedule or meal plan. I pretty much always try to go by 21 Day Fix guidelines, but when I don't follow something full force, I let cheats slip here and there a bit too much.

Therefore, to hold myself extra accountable, and also give everyone an honest feel of what it's like to go through the 21 Day Fix program, I'm going to document my meals and workouts here for everyone! Posts will likely be short and sweet, but you will get the idea and hopefully understand why everyone loves this program so dang much and almost ALWAYS gets incredible results!
So today, as Day 1 of my journey, was Total Body Cardio Fix as the workout! Yep, we all get to start each Monday with this... "pleasant" workout. lol! I only say it like that because I'm not the biggest cardio fan, and it's also cardio with weights which is even more tough... but my gosh, does it get every part of your body! And it's only 30 minutes, so who can really complain that much?!
I personally plug my headphones in with my favorite music and the workouts FLY by. I'm very thankful for that! In and out and on with my day!

I'm on the 1,200-1,499 calorie bracket plan (the lowest one- yep, you don't get below 1,200 calories around here!) so here's my food for that! This is NO starvation plan and I seriously feel like I'm eating all day. Lots of people on calorie brackets above this have a hard time even consuming all of the food they're supposed to in a day, so I can assure you... you won't be hungry if you're eating the correct foods on this plan and drinking plenty of water!

Sometimes I wake up SO starving and have to get a little preworkout snack while I'm getting some work done!
1 slice of whole wheat toast with 1 tsp. of all natural peanut butter
{1 Yellow, 1 Tsp.}


Stoked to be done with Day 1 workout: Total Body Cardio Fix! 30 minutes of cardio with weights- a crazy full body exercise!


Mid morning tea! English Breakfast with a bit of Stevia. Total freebie, thank goodness!


Post workout snack!
Brown rice with some grilled chicken wings marinated in herbs & seasonings.
{1 Yellow, 1 Red}

This salad was DELICIOUS! I'm going to be munching off of it for a couple of days!
Spring mix with feta cheese, organic craisins, sliced almonds, and homemade balsamic dressing.
{2 Greens, 1 Blue, 1/2 Purple, 1 Orange}

Dinner is served!
Turkey meatballs and steamed broccoli with a tiny bit of homemade salsa.
{1 Red, 1 Green, 1/2 Purple}

Needed a little something sweet... :)
1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology, handful of frozen mixed berries, a tiny bit of plain Greek yogurt, and ice!
{1 Red, 1 Purple}

And another shake a few hours later- I always have to have it for dessert, and it's typically the only thing that appeals to me late at night!
1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology, 1 tsp. peanut butter, tiny bit of ricotta cheese, handful of spinach, and ice!
{1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Tsp.}


And the magical system itself! These containers are what keep me sane, and know that I am PERFECTLY portioning out my food every time! And the worksheets help me cross of containers throughout the day as well! I just love it.

As you can see, even on the lowest calorie bracket, I am by no means robbing myself of any food group or any amount of food at all! There's no calorie counting, nothing. I still get carbs, cheese, chocolate, peanut butter, wine, you name it! It's just all about the right portion sizes. Just like any other aspect of life- balance is key!

If this is something that interests you, and you'd like to hear more about it, please never hesitate to email me or fill out this application form to join our next 21 Day Fix online fitness group!

I'm out to finish out DAY 2!

With love,

Amanda James











No comments:

Post a Comment