Friday, May 8, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 4!

21 Day Fix Day 4: Pilates Day!

Thursday was one of those days in which I woke up and every ounce in my being wanted to stay in bed and not work out. Are we noticing a trend here?! ;) It's such a common misconception that since I'm a Beachbody coach and preach on exercising and eating well that I actually want to all the time, and that is just so false! I have bad days and weeks just like everyone else. I guess the difference is that I lived in darkness for so long- hating my body, hating how I felt, and making up excuses day in and day out of why I didn't want to start my journey back into health. When I finally found the mindset and tools I needed to get started and stay consistent once and for all, I don't let myself fall back into those dark holes anymore. I recognize that just because there are days I wake up and don't feel like exercising, doesn't mean I actually shouldn't exercise on those days. There's a difference between your body physically telling you you need a break, and just flat out feeling lazy, lol. Exercising and eating healthy has become such a habit to me, that it would be VERY hard to break me of it at this point. Sure I take rest days and cheat meals, but it's not what it used to be. 

Point blank... I got my work out in. And like always, I felt like a million bucks afterwards. We need to sweat and get our heart rates up every day! It's what we were meant to do and how we were meant to feel! I encourage you to join me and reach out if you ever need any help on starting. Starting can be the hardest part. But once you do, I'll bet you'll be hooked and on your way to a new you!

Yesterday was a bit too many smoothies and not enough cool meals to show you guys, so I'm going to do better! Already making a salad for lunch today! Haha. As always, I'm putting real, raw fruits and veggies in my smoothies though. I am just always on the go and trying to work to help my challengers and coaches, so sometimes the meals that I can slurp down are the easiest!



I woke up to a grumbling tummy, so a protein shake was on the menu!
A scoop of whey vanilla protein, scoop of powdered PB2, and ice.
{1 Red, 1/2 Tsp}

Pilates Fix and 4th workout DONE! It was nice to lengthen and strengthen my sore limbs for 30 minutes! One of our active recovery days in the 21 Day Fix series.
Post workout smoothie! This was a big ole guy because I tend to not eat til later in the day, by accident!
1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology, 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt, lots of spinach, mixed frozen fruit, PB, unsweetened cocoa powder!
{1.5 Red, 2 Green, 1.5 Purple, 1 Tsp}
For lunch, it was a bit of leftover egg salad on a whole wheat wrap with sriracha drizzle and a piece of cheese!
{1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Blue}

I stocked up on food and had to show off my glorious goodies... this coming week I have so many options!
*Maybe turkey burgers, spaghetti squash lasagna, grilled italian chicken, potatoes, and beans... so many possibilites!*
To finish off my carbs for the night, I tried to replicate a delicious Columbian dish I used to get all the time at Super Perros in Tallahassee! That was our Seminole hot spot. :)
Rice, black beans, with a fried egg on top! Don't worry- I didn't eat all of this! lol
{1 Yellow, 1/2 Red}
Since I only had half a protein left for the day but lots of veggies and fruits, I just did half a scoop of my Shakeo but added some more cocoa powder to it, since it's a freebie!
1/2 scoop Chocolate Shakeology, spinach, fresh berries, 1/2 tsp PB, ice!
{1/2 Red, 2 Greens, 1.5 Purple, 1/2 Tsp}
I only had a few bites of the cookie dough flavor, but I had to share this with whoever is following me on this health journey! Guilt free ice cream stuff. Lactose free, gluten free, and 150 calories for the ENTIRE pint of cookie shake, and 300 for the cookie dough! Such a win for the sweet tooth!



That's all from me today, so I hope everyone has a blessed Friday! Enjoy one cheat meal this weekend and don't let the rest of the time ruin your hard work from this past week!


With love,


Amanda James










No comments:

Post a Comment