Monday, May 25, 2015

Time to BEAST UP! {For the ladies, too!}



As y'all know, my third round of 21 Day Fix came to an end on Sunday. It was pretty bittersweet as I said goodbye to my challengers and turned off my last workout. 

But, it was also a moment of excitement as I opened up a new door to a whole new challenge, unlike anything I've ever committed to or attempted before: BODY BEAST!

I have now completed two rounds of P90X3 and three rounds of 21 Day Fix. I absolutely love both programs, but I feel like my body has just kind of hit a plateau, and needs something really different and challenging. I have loved my results, but I want something new.

Body Beast can definitely be daunting for those who have never done a weightlifting regimen before or tried to track their nutrition. It is hardcore strength training for 35 mins-1 hour every single day, and a crazy amount of food for the first two months to build and bulk before the lean phase. I have to admit, I'm really nervous about this. Even as a female who wants to stay lean, I'll be consuming 2,300 calories a day for the first two months. But, that will still be consisting of clean, whole foods, so no junk. Therefore, I don't expect to literally "bulk" that much (since us females don't produce the hormones to do that naturally, anyway).

The whole premise is to seriously build muscle with the strength training exercises. If I was to do the workouts, and then not eat very much and not the correct foods at the correct times, my body would burn from fuel sources that I wouldn't want it to, and break down the muscle building components. So, while I won't be losing weight at first, I will be building lean muscle. The third phase, the Lean Phase, is where the fat scorching weeks will come in. It will consist of much more cardio and way fewer calories. This is when everyone gets seriously ripped and falls in love with the program. I know it'll be hard to undergo such a drastic change, but I'm seriously ready to challenge myself in ways I've never done before!

Before I go into more about Body Beast and my first day, I wanted to share the results from my previous challengers this month and how incredible they did. I am so in awe of their dedication and hard work. Seriously, my job brings me to tears most days as I get to watch women (and men) transform their lives from the inside out. I think these images will speak for themselves. By the way, these pictures are the results of just 21 days in our group together doing whatever program they chose and replacing one meal with Shakeology a day!

Jackie, a coach of mine, who has been in love with 21 Day Fix and Shakeology for quite some time now... I think it shows!!!

My sweet friend who joined me on her 21 Day Fix journey just this past month. I am over the MOON excited for her!

And umm.. this is her husband. OMG, right?! If you thought this program was just for women, you are so mistaken! He blew me AWAY!

This girl just brings me so much joy. She has worked so hard and has left me speechless. Do you see that tummy?! Truly amazing. Nutrition is EVERYTHING, y'all.

The bottom is before and the top is after, on this one! Can you believe the differences from EVERY angle?!! Amazinggggg!

Another coach of mine, Sandi, who has not only been extremely dedicated to her programs, BUT is also breastfeeding and ADDING calories onto her meal plan! And STILL look at her results!

There were even MORE incredible results than this, and I will continue to add them as they come in! You guys... the time to start is NOW. Don't wait for the perfect moment, the perfect day. That's what I had to learn. Who care's if it's on a Wednesday in the middle of the summer? You deserve to do this for YOU. You are worth this life change.

And as for my FIRST day of Body Beast... I'm currently dying from food overload just in the first half of the day. haha!!! But, I'm pushing through and hoping for the best!

My first workout was Build:Chest and Tri's! 45 minutes of chest and tricep strength training exercises. Post workout meal was eggs, turkey sausage, and bread! Here we goooo!
Forgot to take a photo til I was halfway done, lol! This was a burrito: lean ground turkey, homemade taco seasoning, refried beans, cheese, whole wheat tortilla, lettuce.


Shakeology snack! 1 scoop shakeo, 1 banana, ricotta cheese, peanut butter, ice, almond milk.

No joke... I still have 1,300 calories left for the day. Y'all pray for me as I go through this crazy ride!!!! :O



With love,

Amanda James



No comments:

Post a Comment