Thursday, May 21, 2015

21 Day Fix: Nearing the end...


It's pretty hard to believe my challengers and I only have 3 more days left in this round of the 21 Day Fix. It's incredible how fast time flies by! I have noticed such a big difference in my core, especially, from this round which tends to happen because it helps me keep my nutrition so on point. I have also really noticed a lot more definition just everywhere: legs, arms, shoulders, back. I'm excited to get some real pictures at the end of the 21 days!

I hardcore meal prepped mid last week, so I ate very repetitively over the last few days! Therefore, I saved everyone the trouble and just posted once or twice when eating the same meals, lol!

I think the MOST important part about being able to stick to a meal plan and your fitness journey as a whole is picking things that you love- meals and workouts that you actually enjoy. I hate cardio, so I'm not going to go buy Insanity and expect to stick with it. That's just not realistic. I DO love weightlifting and having a mixture of exercises to do, so P90X3, 21 Day Fix, and Body Beast have been right up my ally!

As for food, I do not force myself to eat certain things just because they are healthy. Through trial and error, I have found some staple foods and meals that I love and don't get tired of, and I stick with them. There is nothing wrong with making the same few meals over and over. In fact, most athletes do that because they don't have to guess their macros/micros, they remember the nutritional value, and they like. Easy as that. Unless you need constant variety, just choose the things you love and let it lead you to your results!

Here's some of what I enjoyed over the last few days...

See?! I'm so basic and boring with my food! Hahah. But, I LOVE turkey meatballs and I LOVE green beans. So why not?! They're pretty good together, too. Frozen food also saves me, I don't tend to eat a whole lot, so instead of spending lots of money on super fresh stuff just for it to go back, I resort to frozen things in bulk. It is still full of nutrients so no worries there! It saves me sooo much money and time!

If you haven't been able to tell, I love chips. And cheese. And I really enjoy using one of my yellow containers and my blue containers on them together a lot of days. I'm sure you are also starting to understand why I choose Mexican food as my cheat meal most times... :D

So, this happened. Chocolate Shakeology Pancakes! <-check a="" and="" ate="" batch="" big="" delicious="" for="" free="" guilt="" i="" made="" of="" off="" out="" re="" recipe="" rest="" td="" that="" the="" them="" they="" totally="" week.="">

Sooooo melt in your mouth good.

Morning routine! Preworkout, and if I need it, a packet of Shakeo. Sometimes I need a little bit of something in my stomach before a hardcore workout! Shakeo is always the way to go!

Leg day almost done!!! I LOVE these workouts so much. Enjoying your exercises it of utmost importance.

Yes, that would be my chocolate pancakes with peanut butter on top. Sold yet?! And a cup of Earl Grey with honey, stevia, and a touch of almond milk. Noms.

Preworkout before exercise time... Mornings are only my friends after this stuff! Haha!

Thankfully it was yoga day. Notice I am still in my PJ's. That's why working out at home is the BEST.

Jesse was not thrilled it was already exercise time again. He tends to think when we go upstairs it means play time... he is mistaken!

This was one of the big meals I prepped. It is so easy and yummy. Grilled chicken, red potatoes, and green beans in rows with italian seasoning tossed over all of it. I baked it for 45 mins at 375 degrees. I also enjoyed some bubbly with it. :)

And of course... one thing that NEVER fails is having my big Shakeology breakfast EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I attribute SO much of my fitness success to it and I will never stop! I have drank it every single day since November 2013 and I will continue to go strong!



Next online BIKINI READY challenge group starts THIS Monday! Ahhhh! So sad to have my current amazing group end, but every month I am always SO excited to help new ladies, and even those who want to come back for more! If you'd like to join us, just fill out the form below and I cannot WAIT to help you get ready for the summer. They are a blast and the only thing better than starting a new fitness journey, is starting it with others for support. :)

-->APPLY HERE for Fitness and FUN!!



With love,

Amanda James


No comments:

Post a Comment