Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Day 2 of 21: Upper Fix and Daily Struggles


So, yesterday was a little rough for me when it came to my diet. Probably not in the way that most people would expect (wanting sweets, wanting to eat more, etc) but actually the opposite. I was having a rough day and stress and anxiety usually suppress my appetite instead of the other way around. So I kind of had to force feed myself to get all of my containers in, even on the lowest calorie bracket! lol. That's one reason I'm thankful for Shakeology. Even when I don't have an appetite, I swear it's the only thing I crave and I've said that before through our moving process and other stressful times over the last couple of years of drinking it. Not to mention it has all the daily nutrient goodies I need, so I'm glad I am still filling up my body with those superfoods and veggies even if I can't get them in the whole food form I typically need.

Just being a little vulnerable here... Being married to a man in the military has it's super tough times, and yesterday was one of them. I just miss him so much. I calculated it and by next month, we will have been together for 37 months, and he will have been gone 19 of them. Just writing that out breaks my heart. But I am so so proud of him and the hard work that he does and I am thankful that every time he leaves and comes back, it's like we get to have a honeymoon all over again. I just hope and pray that one day it slows down. I am also so thankful that he has always pushed me to be the best that I can be and go for my dreams, including starting a successful business from home. If I didn't have my Beachbody coaching business and family, I seriously don't know what I would do. When he is gone, you guys are my heart and soul and I am so thankful for you and every person that has trusted in me to help you through your fitness journey. From the bottom of my heart, I love each and every one of you and you keep me going while he is gone!

Anyway, yesterday was just a bummer day as it's already hard with him being gone so much as it is, but I found out his coming home is probably going to be extended a couple weeks longer than usual. He won't get to make my sister's wedding and possibly not my birthday, but... I still wouldn't choose any other life. I'd rather live this lifestyle with him than any other without him!

But back to fitness... I was super happy yesterday was Upper Fix day! It's one of my favorite workouts ever. I've always loved working out my upper body more and I'm not exactly sure why. I just tend to get way faster, visible results in my arms and shoulders, so naturally I enjoy working them out a lot! My legs are getting better, but we will talk about that tomorrow. ;)

Upper Fix consists of every part of the upper body: back, biceps, triceps, chest, abs, shoulders. I think that's why it's so effective too, since it hits everything and multiple muscle groups at a time! My abs are definitely screaming today!

So here's the best I could do at my diet... probably boring, but you know what, I got all I needed in and that's all that counts!


Another English Breakfast tea with Stevia morning for me! I even added a bit of coconut oil in as a creamer, and just because I know how amazing it is for our bodies. Honestly, I just need to get more preworkout... haha!



Upper Fix DONE! I know I'm not looking too cute, but that's the best part about working out at home! I'm seriously in my PJ's here and just rolled out of bed to do this workout, and didn't care what anyone was thinking about me. Even though I ended up posting the picture on a public blog for the world to see.... #whoops
s
Post workout Shakeology smoothie! Yes I know Shakeology is already full of fruits and veggies, but I like to add more because I can be really bad about getting in my whole food form, like I mentioned before. I'm one of those people that will realize I haven't eaten all day at 3pm. I know- I definitely used to NOT be. I used to be the person that was wondering when the next time I could eat would be!!! That's what Shakeology does. Curbs cravings for bad foods a LOT and just keeps me super full. But that's why I pack in the super healthy stuff into it when I can, too!
1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology, organic spinach, mixed frozen fruit, natural PB
{1 Red, 2 Greens, 1 Purple, 1 Tsp}
                      

#ShakeologySelfie... haha it was so yummy!
I'm a MAJOR egg salad fan! I had a ton of eggs and celery I needed to eat, so this happened. I try to keep my egg salad pretty basic. I look up different 21 Day Fix approved recipes on Pinterest whenever I can, so this was just kind of a random concoction of different seasonings and I did put a tiny bit of organic olive oil based mayo in there, but not a lot!

Celery with PB, 1 slice whole wheat bread with egg salad{1 Green, 2 Tsps (went a little overboard with the PB yesterday... oops. But Autumn says it's ok to go over a tsp. sometimes!), 1 Yellow, 1 Red}







Afternoon snack. Grapes and unsalted peanuts I had lying around!
{1 Purple, 1 Orange}


It was Cinco de Mayo so how could I not have some healthy burritos?! I just used some ground beef I had already made with some homemade taco seasoning and baked some of the burritos with cheese on top for a few minutes! It was DELICIOUS. I used plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and some homemade guacamole too (mashed avocado with a bit of pink himalayan salt){1 Yellow, 1.5 Red, 1 Green, 1 Blue}



And last meal of the day for me, my dessert Shakeology, as usual!
1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology with ice and some PB2 this time to not go overboard, and a little unsweetened cocoa powder to make it taste like brownie batter.
{1 Red}


Staying strong and thinking today will be a much better day! I have lots of errands to run so I'm thinking being out and about will be good for me. Blessed and humbled that I have the opportunity to stay inside if I need a day off, or go out and about throughout the week if I need to. I owe it all to God, the good days and bad days, for all of the blessings I am still provided with in this beautiful life!

Stay happy and healthy.

With love,

Amanda James

No comments:

Post a Comment